[Samba] error logging in form machine which has been joined

Justin Georgeson jgeorgeson at unboundtech.com
Mon Mar 4 15:52:04 GMT 2002

I am running v2.2.1a as a PDC. I can join machines to the domain, see them
listed in the domain via the network neighborhood and log into the domain
with a user account local to the PDC in Win98. But when I try to log into a
Win2K box using the domain and accounts I know work, I'm given this error:

"The system cannot log you on to this domain because the system's computer
account in its primary domain is missing or the password on that account is
incorrect."

I read the PDC howto, and am pretty sure I did everything correct, but
obviously am missing something. If anyone knows off hand what this error
indicates please cc it to my email, I'm not sure if my subscription to the
list was successful. smb.conf available on request. Thanks. :)