[Samba] Samba & VPN

Greg Boundy greg at pyrozone.com.au
Sat Mar 2 03:25:03 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have a linux box running samba 2.2.3a on a network.  All machines on the
network can see each other and browsing works fine.

When I use an external machine, connect it to the network via a VPN to the
linux box all existing machines continue to work fine.  Existing machines
can see and browse the machine through the VPN.  However, the machine
connected via the VPN (win2k) can not see or browse any machine other than
the linux box, even though it can ping the machines and nbtstat shows the
name gets resolved.

Any ideas ?

Greg.