[Samba] help: How to add Win2k PC to Samba PDC?

Sharada N nsharadamba at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 27 22:41:02 GMT 2002

Hello,

Thank U for response...
My question is -

I have configured Samba as a PDC on Solaris. How to
add W2K machines to the samba domain?

1. Any specific settings in Win2k client is required?

Because When I try to join the Win2K machine to samba
domain, i.e when I follow these steps -

" Windows 2000

Logon to the W2k machine as Administrator, go to the
Control Panel and double click on Network and Dialup
Connections.

Pull down the Advanced menu and choose Network
Identification. Press Properties .

Choose Domain and enter the domain name. Press 'OK'.

Now enter a user name and password for a Domain Admin
(Who must be root until a pre-release bug is fixed)
and press 'OK'.

Wait for the confirmation, reboot when prompted. "

The root (username) and root password are not been
recognised.

Kindly reply..

Thank You,

Sharada