[Samba] profiles

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Thu Jun 27 09:22:02 GMT 2002

On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 01:42, Shaun Nykvist wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have just installed a new debian server with samba, but am having trouble
> with the profiles working. I have a directory named profiles but I am not
> sure whether I have the correct settings on this directory.  Can someone
> please let me know what permissions I should use on this directory
>
> Cheers
> Shaun

it is not sufficient to have a directory named profiles on your system
you must have a share called profiles in your smb.conf file

[profiles]
        path = /home/xp_profiles
        read only = No
        create mask = 0600
        directory mask = 0700
        nt acl support = No
        csc policy = disable

[root at bitc from unhuch]# ls -ld /home/xp_profiles/
drwxr-xr-x    8 root  labusers       88 May  2 20:32 /home/xp_profiles/

brad