[Samba] printer permissions

Yura Pismerov ypismerov at tucows.com
Thu Jun 27 09:07:02 GMT 2002

"Gerald (Jerry) Carter" wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Yura Pismerov wrote:
>

> >       A stupid question. With new printing system (spoolss) how people
> > restrict access to the printers ? It was clear with the old system when
> > each printer was in a separate share. I could assign a list of valid
> > users for each printer share.
>
> valid users will still work as expected on Samba 2.2.5.  You can also
> set NT permissions via explorer.

	Well, I probably undertand it wrongly.
I have a single share called [printers] for ALL printers now.
And that share is widely open for obvious resons.
What I meant is how to restrict access on per printer basis.
I tried to play with Security tab in the explorer but it did not work.
I removed Everyone and added particular users, but any user still be
able to print. :(

P.S. Samba is built --with-acl-support.

--

Yuri Pismerov, Sr. System Administrator,
TUCOWS.COM INC.	(416) 535-0123  ext. 1352