[Samba] Samba 2.2.5: denying access to printer...

Ullrich Groh groh at physik.uni-wuerzburg.de
Thu Jun 27 05:23:03 GMT 2002

Hy there,

I have a problem with Samba 2.2.5 (on AIX 4.3) concerning a printer
share.

I set up a few printer share which work well. Now I want to restrict
the access to one of them. In order to achieve this I put in a

hosts deny=all
hosts allow=<IP-Adresses of hosts, which should be allowed to print>

in the corresponding printer-share-section.

What happens is this:

non allowed-Win9x-clients don't have access to the share (as desired),
but all Win2000-Client can happily print on the printer (ignoring the
restriction).

Can anybody tell me what's happening there? Is this due to the fact
that the Win2000-Clients print via the SPOOLSS?

Thanks and greetings,

  Ulli

PS: when answering, please send me an cc:, because I don't have
subscribed to the mailing list yet. Thanks.

|  Ullrich Groh                     groh at physik.uni-wuerzburg.de  |
|  Universitaet Wuerzburg                                         |
|  Experimentelle Physik II         Telefon: +49-931-888 5711     |
|  Am Hubland                       Fax    : +49-931-888 5158     |
|  D-97074 Wuerzburg                                              |