[Samba] Is Samba 2.2.4 stable & error free

peter.a.bryant at mainroads.qld.gov.au peter.a.bryant at mainroads.qld.gov.au
Tue Jun 18 18:53:03 GMT 2002

Hi, I am planning on upgrading our Samba servers to a more
current version (presently we have 2.0.6)

Just wondering if 2.2.4 is the best version to implement, or if an
earlier version would be more stable, e.g.  2.2.3a
I ask this question because I've seen a few messages on the
mailing lists suggesting errors in 2.2.4, but don't know if these are
real errors or just people with a bad setup or something.

Does anyone have information / opinions on this.

Which version should I go for?

Thanks for your advice

-peter.

Opinions contained in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect
the opinions of the Queensland Department of Main Roads,
Queensland Transport or National Transport Secretariat, or
endorsed organisations utilising the same infrastructure.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error,
please immediately notify the sender and delete the message
from your computer.