[Samba] can't access samba shares

Nathaniel N.Petersen (CNS Student Support) cthulu at student.cns.uni.edu
Tue Jun 18 10:50:03 GMT 2002

Leave the encypt-password = yes in your smb.conf.  What I would double
check is the smbpasswd file.  Make sure that you have a working user
account added and that there is a password for that account.  You may
want to go so far as to change the password for the account you plan to
use, just to be ceratin that it has a passowrd and that you know that
password.

If you are doing this on a domain (ie - the Samba system is the PDC),
make sure that you have a machine account for the NT server.  Otherwise,
even with a valid user account, you won't be able to log into the
domain.  (However, you should be able to get into a public share.)