[Samba] Another newbie question...

Gert Jensen gert at danica.com
Sat Jun 15 12:45:02 GMT 2002

I have installed red hat 7.3 as a server, apache is running, samba is
running, I have an overlay called Webmin, I have shared a file on the red
hat machine, set permissions 777, I can see the samba server on my windows
2000 server and my xp pro workstation.
When I click on the listed samba server in my network neighborhood, a logon
screen is returned,  I have tried every userid and pw combination I could
think of having used, no cigar.
Please...  Help,
I read the list and all kids configuration data being passed, sorry for the
newbie argot.

Gert

The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is
by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We
cause accidents.
Nathaniel Borenstein