[Samba] [swat] won't run

Billy O'Connor billy at oconnoronline.net
Fri Jun 14 12:25:02 GMT 2002

   The only docs I found on getting SWAT to run, showed editing the inetd.conf
   file.  As this version of RH (7.3) only uses xinetd things don't fit exactly.

   I have gone through and did everything that one should do for inetd and it
   still will not work.

   I don't normally use the thing, but this client will need the more simplistic
   interface to add shares, etc.

If you installed samba from the RedHat RPM's, edit /etc/xinetd.d/swat
and change "disable = yes" to "disable = no".  You can also use the
ntsysv command and check the swat box.  That does the editing for you.

--
Billy O'Connor