[Samba] RE: [Samba] "unix password sync" doesn´t work !

Kaleb Pederson kibab at asc.ewu.edu
Fri Jun 14 12:22:03 GMT 2002

I would check out the following:

passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *ReType*new*UNIX*password* %n\n

type passwd as if you were to change your unix password manually, now make
sure the above text matches up.

You might find that the "ReType*new..." should be "Retype*new...".  If they
don't match up exactly, it won't work.  I know that mine has to be a
lowercase 't' in "Retype".

I'm not sure what the error is, but perhaps that will help.

--Kaleb