[Samba] syncing unix passwords

Jochen Witte jwitte at alpha-lab.net
Thu Jun 13 10:53:35 GMT 2002

Hi,

the passwd program parameter defines a program/script to change both
smbpasswd AND the Unix-password.
In Your config, only the Unix-passwd will be changed NOT the samba
password.

I use something like this:

passwd program = /usr/local/sbin/alphapasswd %u

alphapasswd then is a little script, changing smbpasswd and (in my case)
the password in ldap.

Also note the password chat parameter. It should reflect the procedure
of Your script...

This leaves the question, why it worked before :)

Greetiungs