[Samba] Cannot use \\hostname\dir in Windows2000 client's windows explore r

Seah, Michelle C michelle.seah at eds.com
Thu Jun 13 00:45:11 GMT 2002

Hello,

I am using samba ver 2.0.7 and the samba is running on a HPUX OS10.20
machine.  On win95,98 NT and even WinXP, i can simply type \\host1\dirA to
view the list of files in shared directories but for Win2000, will get a
prompt that Windows cannot find the path....

But the user already have and can access a drive mapped to the same dirA on
the host1 via the netlogon script.

Really appreciate any advise on how we could resolve this.

 I hope upgrading the Samba ver is not the only option because we are
currently not ready to do that.

Regards,
Michelle Seah