[Samba] Add Printer Driver Wizard - does it work in 2.2.5pre1?

Chris Pascoe c.pascoe at itee.uq.edu.au
Tue Jun 11 22:53:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

I've just started toying with the idea of deploying a number of our printers
via samba.  I'm trying to get the current HP device drivers for a HP 4+
(from HP's site) to upload.  The workstations I am trying the upload from
are either running Win 2000 SP2 or Win XP Professional.

Using 2.2.5pre1, I can't convince a printer driver to upload using the Add
Printer Driver Wizard - I get a generic message saying that it couldn't
upload the driver, because "The operation was aborted.".

If I roll my samba version back to 2.2.4, it seems to work fine with the XP
supplied drivers, but I get a "Function address 0x77c43cba caused a
protection fault. (exception code 0xc0000005) Some or all property page(s)
may not be displayed." after uploading the driver.  If I upload the HP
driver (possibly this is a driver problem).

Am I just having particularly bad luck, or is all this still being sorted
out?

Thanks,
Chris