[Samba] 401 Bad Authorization

Peter Zapletal pzapletal at pkb.sk
Tue Jun 11 04:57:02 GMT 2002

I've tried it with passwd database and with smbpasswd database too, but it
always return error.

                    Martyn Ranyard
                    <ranyardm at lineone       To:     "Peter Zapletal" <pzapletal at pkb.sk>
                    .net>                   cc:     samba at lists.samba.org
                    Sent by:                Subject:     Re: [Samba] 401 Bad Authorization
                    samba-admin at lists
                    .samba.org

                    11.06.2002 13:41

At 01:27 PM 6/11/02 +0200, Peter Zapletal wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have problem witch SWAT authorization for all users with the following
>error "username or password incorrect". With -a options SWAT works well.
>I've compiled samba-2.2.4 from sources on my RedHat Linux 6.1 with kernel
>2.2.21. I've compiled it with the following options:

As far as I remember, SWAT uses the passwd database, rather than the
smbpasswd database, although don't quote me on that, so you could try just
using your unix password instead of the smb password, which on some
machines are not the same.

--------------
Martyn Ranyard

I am not a member of the samba team,
and anything that I say may not be as
accurate as a response from one of the
team.  I reply to save those more
qualified time, which can more usefully
be spent developing SAMBA further.

Tato sprava a vsetky pripojene subory su doverne
a urcene vyhradne osobam alebo organizaciam, ktorym
boli adresovane. Ak ste dostali tento e-mail omylom,
prosim, upovedomte PRVU KOMUNALNU BANKU a.s.(postmaster at pkb.sk).

This email and any files transmitted are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to which they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error,
please notify PRVA KOMUNALNA BANKA a.s.(postmaster at pkb.sk).

PRVA KOMUNALNA BANKA a.s.
Hodzova 11, 010 11 Zilina
ICO :31 575 951
ZAPISANA V OBCHODNOM REGISTRI OKRESNEHO SUDU V ZILINE
ODDIEL :Sa, VLOZKA CISLO :148/L