[Samba] printer drivers

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Mon Jun 10 13:06:01 GMT 2002

On Mon, 2002-06-10 at 15:23, Mark Brosius wrote:
> I'm having a problem getting my HP 722c printer working from my Win98
> client.  Would you be willing to copy and paste your smb.conf file here so
> I can see where I am making my mistake?  Thanks.
>
> Mark
well there's not much in the smb.conf here are the relevant bits

printing = cups
[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        printable = Yes
        browseable = No
[print$]
        path = /etc/samba/printers
        write list = root

make sure you have the correct permissions on the subdirs of
/etc/samba/printers (or wherever you put your print$ share)

all the other printing stuff is set to the default setting.

I'm using 2.2.5pre1

brad