[Samba] PDC and BDC with LDAP and Samba 2.2.4

Yannick Tousignant ytousignant at oka-info.com
Tue Jun 4 12:05:03 GMT 2002

Hi, I tried to move the current PDC to another machine
that have the same LDAP database. It didn't work... There
is something about the machine account! How does samba
handle this? i could not logon to the moved PDC, so i
rejoined the domain (added my machine in TEMP workgroup,
reboot, rejoin de domain, reboot), and then it worked!

Is there any way i can bypass this?

Yannick