[Samba] Inherited permissions problem

Ryan J Betz ryanb at maumeepattern.com
Mon Jun 3 06:14:01 GMT 2002

I am attempting to set up an inherited permissions share and cannot get it
to work.

[log]
    path = /log
    writeable = yes
    directory mask = 0755
    create mask = 0755
    inherit permissions = yes
    guest ok = no
    public = yes

I have tried many different combinations of settings to no avail, such as
removing the create and directory masks.  I may also be misunderstanding the
function.  From what I have read, if there is a folder within this share
with permissions of 0777, all files created within that folder should be
0777 as well.  There is one folder within a share that I want files created
to be 0777, and I figured this was the best way to do this.  Please feel
free to correct me if I am mistaken.  I am running samba version 2.2.3a.

Regards,
Ryan J Betz