[Samba] Help 2.2.5 causing me to run out of filedescriptors

drenning, bruce bdrenni at catholicrelief.org
Wed Jul 31 09:07:03 GMT 2002

I've been running Samba & Squid on a RH linux server for years. I'm
currently running:

kernel - 2.4.9-31
squid - 2.4STABLE-6
/home - 100 GB Reiserfs partition

I just upgraded samba from 2.0.10 to 2.2.5 this morning. Now, the server is
running out of filedescriptors. I have never had this problem before. What
is 2.2.5 doing differently? How can I resolve this problem? Please help,
this is causing big problems.

currently cat /proc/sys/fs/file-max returns 8192. Should I bump this up or
would this be treating a sympton instead of the root cause?