[Samba] smbspool

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Jul 28 14:38:02 GMT 2002

Z Linux wrote:

> Hi,
> We have unified logons on Linux and Windows clients by
> using a Windows 2000 AD domain with
> pam_winbind/nss_winbind on linux clients, the problem
> is, smbclient and smbspool still require us to enter a
> password instead of using the logged on users
> credentials. Is there anyway to pam-enable smbclient
> and smbspool?

Not really.  Tbe better approach is to look into pam_krb5 and use
kerberos tickets.  Then smbspool can be taught to use kerberos.

Unfortunetly pam_krb5 and winbind don't work well togeather -
particulary if you don't have 'winbind use default domain' (A HEAD only
smb.conf option) set.  This is somthing the team is going to have to
look at.

Andrew Bartlett
Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org