[Samba] samba

HAKAN YASTI hakan.yasti at telsim.com.tr
Fri Jul 26 07:41:35 GMT 2002

Dear All,

I have a question. I have installed samba 2.2.5 to a compaq DS20 (.OSF1
V4.0 1530 alpha) It is working. I want to share a folder and want to access
from windows while doing this authentication must be from PDC. As a summary
the groups or users that I want , must be able to access my sharing. I have
added unix machine to domain but not able to configure as I want.
Please help me by step step to configure smb.conf for this issue. What can
I do ?
Thanks,

# /usr/local/samba/bin/smbpasswd -j RUMELI_TELEKOM -r RUMELI_NT -U hakan
Password:
Joined domain RUMELI_TELEKOM.

Ihave also installed samba with
# /usr/local/samba/bin/wbinfo -u
Error looking up domain users

[global]

security = domain
workgroup = RUMELI_TELEKOM
password server = 172.25.1.15
netbios name = compaqds20
encrypt passwords = yes

winbind separator = /
winbind uid = 10000-20000
winbind gid = 10000-20000
winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes
template homedir = /home/winnt/%D/%U
template shell = /bin/bash

[compaq]
comment = compaq
path = /compaq
public = Yes
read only = Yes
writable = Yes
writelist = @test

[hakan]
comment = Hakan YASTI
path = /hakan
browseable = Yes
valid users = @test, root, RUMELI_TELEKOM/hakan

http://www.telsim.com.tr

--------------------------------------
Bu  e-posta  sadece  yukarida  isimleri  belirtilen  kisiler  arasinda ozel
haberlesme  amacini  tasimaktadir. Size yanlislikla ulasmissa lutfen mesaji
geri  gonderiniz  ve  sisteminizden  siliniz. Telsim Mobil Telekomunikasyon
Hizmetleri  A.S.  bu  mesajin  icerigi  ile  ilgili olarak hic bir hukuksal
sorumlulugu kabul etmez.

This  e-mail  communication  is intended for the private use of the persons
named  above.  If  you  received  this message in error, please immediately
notify  the  sender  and  delete  it  from  your  system.  The Telsim Mobil
Telekomunikasyon  Hizmetleri  A.S. does not accept legal responsibility for
the contents of this message.