[Samba] Changing ACLs as administrator

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Thu Jul 25 13:26:02 GMT 2002

The idea is you create one hidden share that encompasses all your other
shares.  If your disk layout makes that undesirable, you'll have to create
multiple hidden shares to use this method.  (In my case, I put all the Samba
shares under /export, so it was easy.)

If you map the Domain Admin group to root, any files you create while logged
in as a Domain Admin will be owned by root.  I didn't want that, so I used
the hidden share method instead.