[Samba] Setup samba 2.2.5 with ldap against windows nt4 domain?

Eddie Lania e.lania at elton.nl
Wed Jul 24 23:47:02 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I would like to setup a samba 2.2.5 BDC with ldapsam against a Windows NT 4
PDC.

Is this possible?

Allready using it now in single (user security level) server mode.
Also using the smbldap package to store current user accounts in the ldap
tree.

The users credentials on the PDC should be stored automaticly in the ldap
tree.
Do I need winbind for this to work?

If I currently change user level security in to domain security, and add the
"password server = *" line to smb.conf it doesn't work.

Eddie.