[Samba] Too many connections

Joseph Loo jloo at acm.org
Tue Jul 23 06:41:03 GMT 2002

When you raise the connection, you may need to raise the corresponding
file connection limits for linux. You can change the file limits
permanently by changing in the /etc/sysctl.conf fs.file-max. I set mine
as fs.file-max = 65536.

There is a way to change the file max connection dynamically without a
reboot but I am not too sure. I believe you need to set
/proc/sys/fs/file-max to a new value. If you look at
/proc/sys/fs/file-nr, it shows your current setting.

--
Joseph Loo
jloo at acm.org