[Samba] Slow performance with W2K

Reese, Bethany Bethany.Reese at northropgrumman.com
Fri Jul 19 11:29:01 GMT 2002

Since upgrading our workstations to W2K SP2, users have been complaining
alot about poor performance, i.e. files take much longer to transfer between
W2K and samba shares, applications running from samba shares take much
longer to run, Office applications are much slower, etc.  Users on NT4 do
not seem to be having these performance issues.

We are running Samba 2.2.3a on Solaris 8.  After installing samba 2.2.3a,
the log files are filled with many open/close connections, which were not
seen in the logs from previous versions of samba.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start with this and/or a
resolution?

Thanks in advance,
Bethany Reese

Bethany S. Reese, MCSE, MCP+I