[Samba] Specific PPD Files are not downloaded on an automatic installation

Tim Müller-Seydlitz 520033319193-0001 at t-online.de
Wed Jul 17 01:57:02 GMT 2002

Hi there!
I am trying to get the samba cups integration to work.
After some fiddling I can now install the Adobe Postscript Printer driver
remotely.
Unfortunately Windows 98 clients (I haven't checked with NT,2000,XP yet)
only get the default ppd.
What is the proper naming convention for the ppd files? Currently we use the
printer DNS name pr100, pr101, pr102, ... Should the ppd files be named
according to the Name of the Printer within the ppd file: hplaserjet or
whatever?
TIM