[Samba] Samba + Abacus Law anyone?

Jeff Green smb at jbgreen.com
Fri Jul 12 10:14:06 GMT 2002

I appreciate the pointers. The server is running a 2.2 kernel, and my
reading of pertinent messages led me to believe "kernel oplocks" is a 2.4
kernel feature only. I added it to the global section (the others were
already there), but there is no difference.

The matching share on a working system is as follows (and has been
duplicated here):

[data]
         comment = Databases
         path = /samba/data
         force group = samba
         read only = No
         browsable = yes
         oplocks = no
         kernel oplocks = no
         guest ok = no
         create mask = 0660
         directory mask = 02770
         valid users = @samba

Any other thoughts (or specific experience with this application)?