[Samba] Win Xp logon issues

Tyler Durdin linuxgeek23 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 11 06:04:09 GMT 2002

When I type the user name and password to logon onto our network (samba is
the pdc) it takes a long time to login. How can I go about speeding this up?
Is it a Win Xp issue or do I need to tweak samba? Also, when I login in to
an XP machine I get a script (looks like some sort of logon script) that
shows up in notepad on the desktop and stays there until I close it. What is
this and how can I get rid of it? thanks a bunch!

bk