[Samba] samba advice

Trey Nolen tnolen at internetpro.net
Wed Jul 10 12:36:04 GMT 2002

We are having significant problems with several samba servers we have in
production.   I believe that most of the problems have to do with oplocks.
We need to run oplocks from a performance standpoint.  What is the current
recommended samba / kernel combination for reliable use on Linux.  We are
currently running the 2.2.3a Debian package with 2.4.18 kernel. I understand
that there are issues with the 2.4.18 kernel, so I am looking for
recommendations as to what to go with. Thank you.

Trey Nolen