[Samba] Win2k TS authentication probs / pw changing probs

Robert Stuart Robert.Stuart at qsa.qld.edu.au
Sun Jul 7 21:08:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

We are having problems with clients changing their passwords from Win2k
Terminal Servers against a Samba PDC.  It works fine if the machine only
has few users on it (ie when testing at 6pm after almost everyone is
gone - I find it difficult to break).

I'm guessing there is some sort of race condition or resource locking
going on that prevents it happening properly.

As I didn't get any responses to my previous email re this, I'm getting
desparate and going to look at the source :-)

Can someone (perhaps Andrew Bartlett) give me a general run down on how
pw changing happens?

Starter question: w.t.? are the *user_info_* and other simliar
functions/structures about?

Config:
Rh7.3 with rebuilt 2.2.5 rpm for ldapsam support and smbd/conn.c
modified MAX_CONNECTIONS param.  openldap 2.0.23 with dbm backend, Win2K
SP2 with Citrix.

Thanks.

--
Robert Stuart