[Samba] netlogon problem samba 2.2.5 suse 8.0

R.J. Baart R.J.Baart at Prompt.NL
Thu Jul 4 13:45:02 GMT 2002

We have a strange problem with the combination of SuSE 8.0,
kernel 2.4.18, samba 2.2.5. There are several problems and they
are related (I think).

1. The netlogon share exists and is working (net use z:
\\server\netlogon is fine).

2. The batchfile which is mentioned in smb.conf is not started when I
logon to the domain. Relevant smb.conf lines:
        logon script = profile.bat
        domain logons = Yes
        preferred master = True
The batchfile works as expected when we start it manualy with the
remarkable exception descriped below.

3. We use kixtart as logon processor and we have noticed that kix
doesn't know the primary group of the user.

We have a several other SuSE 7.2 servers, 2.4.18 kernel and
samba 2.2.5 server and they work without any problem. So we think
it must have something to do with the SuSE 8.0 distribution. We
have applied the latest post 2.2.5 patches.

Anyone any idea?

Met vriendelijke groet/Regards

Prompt
R.J. Baart