[Samba] NMB problem

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Thu Jul 4 07:29:02 GMT 2002

That fact you can find your server with host means you have a dns server
running. Is this so?

I am not sure why smbclient fails with bcast, but it suggests something is
misconfigured. You are sure your NIC's are all configured well, host ip's
are correct, and the netbios names are as you think they should be, and
there is no conflict between DNS names and netbios names? Have you run
testparm to see if smb.conf is OK? Is there netbios name in smb.conf?
(Ugh. Endless possiblities.)
Joel