[Samba] access denied when trying to connect XP to samba-2.2.1a-4 PDC

Gerry Maddock gerrym at futuremetals.com
Tue Jul 2 10:37:03 GMT 2002

 Ok, Heres the setup: RH 7.2 with samba-2.2.1a-4. I have had samba as a
 PDC for sometime now, and WINNT & WIN2k systems have no problem logging
 on to the domain. Whenever I try from my XP pro test sys, I get:
The following error occurred attempting to join the domain "WORKGROUP";
Access is denied.
 I do have a trust account set up for this system, and I manually added
 the trust account the same way I have added working NT/2k boxes. I even
 tried running regedit on the XP sys changing the following key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters\
to 0 (was previously @ 1), but that didn't work.
I can attach and send my configs too if needed. I didn't send them now,
b/c the  PDC is working for all other WINBLOWS clients (9x,ME,NT,2k), so
I'm thinking th smb.conf file itself is ok. The smbpasswd seems ok too.
Again, if you want me to send my configs, let me know. THANKS IN
ADVANCE!!!