[Samba] announce: TDB_File.pm

Angus Lees gus at inodes.org
Mon Jul 1 16:52:02 GMT 2002

[apologies to the samba list if you aren't interested in this]

I've rewritten the TDB perl bindings from scratch.

this version:

* is on CPAN (http://search.cpan.org/search?mode=module&query=TDB_File)

* supports 8-bit keys and values

* gives access to the complete TDB API

Feel free to include/reference in the TDB distribution (or ignore
completely, of course ;)

A few comments after having done so:

nice, clean and simple. it was almost an ideal library to provide XS
bindings for.

the logging_function callback should perhaps have a void *state
argument for "instance data" too. (although it would probably never be
used by C code). I'm going to have to look up the TDB_CONTEXT address
in a hash (or something) to provide this myself.

tdb_reopen() closes the database on error, which means (amongst other
things) that you can't call tdb_error() to find out what went wrong
(you have to use a logging callback).

tdb_reopen_all() returns no indication of *which* reopen failed. when
combined with tdb_reopen()'s auto-close-on-error, this makes
tdb_reopen_all() almost useless.

--
 - Gus