[Samba] subject header

Lightfoot.Michael Lightfoot.Michael at comcare.gov.au
Wed Jan 30 22:40:04 GMT 2002

> The thing that is wrong with [samba] in the subject is mostly
> the cases
> where it is added multiple times. Why? don't know but the following is
> incredibly ugly:
>
> Re: [Samba] RE: [Samba]smb.conf and

This was a temporary glitch because initially Tim forgot to include a space
after [Samba].  As threads expire it will disappear.

My $0.02 - I receive list emails both here at work and at home.  Most lists
include the list name in the header, giving me maximum flexibility in how I
handle them.  The ones that don't are a bit of a pain in the posterior to
filter and/or spot in a list of several hundred messages.

Another thing to remember is that this is the samba USERS list, most
subscribers don't have or use procmail and other neat things.  I don't here
at work 'cos I have to suffer the slings and arrows of Outhouse and its
supifyingly annoying bugs.  :-(