[Samba] Profiles on W2K and XP

Martyn Ranyard ranyardm at lineone.net
Wed Jan 30 09:37:26 GMT 2002

I added the following lines to my smb.conf file to stop nt4 clients
creating server profiles :

         logon path =
         logon home =

i.e. I created blank entries.  You could try that, or you could try one or
more of the following...

escape or remove the spaces in the logon path you have.
make the path non-unc i.e. C:\Documents and Settings\%u
some configs won't work with %u, but will work with %U