Syncing WINS

Davide Dozza davide.dozza at yacme.com
Mon Jan 28 10:22:20 GMT 2002

The parameters are:

remote browse sync
remote announce

If you configure them and all Windows machines points to the WINS server
all works.
Local master election does the job. If you don't want a broadcasting
approach, you have to choice a local master into the subnet without WINS
(for example a OtherSambaServer with OS level = 67) and configure the
WINS server with the option

remote announce = OtherSambaServer
remote browse sync = OtherSambaServer

It will collect the resources list from such subnet and it will trasmit
to the WINS server.

Ciao

Davide