[RESOLVED] W2K NTBackup 2GB limit to SAMBA_2_2 server

Jens Petersohn jkp at riker.nailed.org
Sun Jan 27 08:58:05 GMT 2002

Well, it turns out that SAMBA_2_2 does fix the bug.
I routinely overinstall new samba releases into the same directory tree
(/usr/local/samba) as the old release. Somewhere along the line
samba switched the smbd and nmbd binaries to sbin/ from bin/.
The startup script that I had placed into the etc directories however
was still looking for the old binaries (and found them). So eventhough
I was using SAMBA_2_2 client tools (as verified by smbclient -V), the
server binary was still the old (probably 2.0.9) binary.
rm -rf'ing bin and sbin, make install and fixing the startup script
resolved the problem.

Thanks,

Jens Petersohn