interesting, one client won't join PDC's list of computers

Fred Jackson fred at arkansaswebs.com
Thu Jan 24 17:43:10 GMT 2002

I have a samba 2.2.0 server running as PDC. I have win98, winME, and LINUX
clients. all was working well till server was unplugged accidently. now :
[root at srvr1 /root]# smbclient -Ufred%smbpotter -Lsrvr2

will not put my srvr1 back in the list

srvr1 is a linux client with a config file literally identical (except  to
another
linux client that appears in the list normally.

I'v deleted the domain account passwd from the smbpasswd file and created
another with
smbpasswd -a -m srvr1

and then I rejoined the domain with (on srvr1)
smbpasswd -j CASTMARK

everything else works, one win98 client will locate the server if \\srvr1 is
typed into explorer's address bar, another win98 client won't find the server
unless taught it's address with the lmhosts file. all machines can access the
shares.

thanks in advance for any help
Fred
PS cc me as I'm not on the list anymore..