NetBios Troubles

Eric Bonnett EBONNETT at nwtel.ca
Wed Jan 23 13:31:42 GMT 2002

Hello,

I have setup a slackware linux server to run samba for file sharing. I
have noticed that the samba server keeps shutting down on me. So far
the only clue that I have is in my syslog there are entries every 10 mins
that say:
netbios-ns/udp server failing (looping), service terminated

The samba server is in a mixed network, winNT, 95, 98, 2000, and I am
trying to have our PDC (Win NT) controll the access to this server.

Does anyone know what and why this is happening? Any help would be
apreciated.