Samba 2.2.2. Master Browser

daniel ramos danialcaz at yahoo.es
Tue Jan 22 00:44:39 GMT 2002

Hi!
     We have a problem at the moment of forming samba.
We have formed samba 2.2.2 in solaris 8, in order that
works like Master Browser, but it does not work
correctly. With Samba 2.2.2 the server manages to be
successfully Master Browser, but Samba 2.2.2 does not
work correctly.

     With Samba 2.2.1a we have managed to make it work
successfully, therefore, the clients windows can see
other host of the network neighborhood. We have used
the same smb.conf, but with samba 2.2.2 the server is
not capable to send the browse list. It is a known
bug? You have made work to Samba 2.2.2 successfully to
be Master Browser?