Problems with Samba, INIT during boot, respawning too fast...

Michael Heironimus mkh01 at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 20 14:29:02 GMT 2002

It seems fairly obvious that you have severe filesystem corruption.
Samba stopped working as a result. I would say you should just wipe that
filesystem (/dev/sdb5) and reinstall or restore from backup, but that
still leaves the question of why your filesystem became corrupted in the
first place. I assume that sdb5 is your root filesystem, gdm tries and
fails to start because its configuration file was lost in the
corruption.

--
That feeling just came over me.
                -- Albert DeSalvo, the "Boston Strangler"