setting up samba on rh6.2 as network member server

Charles Moon acci at mmcable.com
Thu Jan 17 22:08:04 GMT 2002

I am setting up samba on RedHat 6.2 computer on a Windows NT Small Business
Server 4.5 (PDC) network with Win98 nodes.  I want RH/Samba box to stand as
a network storage drive.  All users are to able to browse, read, & write
freely w/o need to authenticate.

I used SWAT to produce /etc/smb.conf.  After starting smb the RH/Samba box
immeditely appears in Network Neighborhood.  When I attempt to open the box
I have browsible shares but I can't write or delete.

What do I need to do?

                              /'^'\
                             ( o o )

 Romans 1:16-17
  ¶ For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power
  of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first,
  and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed
  from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.