workgroups with samba virtual server

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Tue Jan 15 11:01:54 GMT 2002

Yan Seiner wrote:

> I've looked at this; the biggest problem I see is that the various
> /var/lock/pid files are compiled in.  I have not found any conf file
> settings for this.

	I just checked the code (cscope is your
	friend (;-)) and it's relative to the lock
	directory, which you have to set too.

> Any thoughts?  As I am "live" it's kind of hard for me to test what
> could potentially be a disastrous situation......

	Yes: you want to try this on a workstation
	to get your config right. I used to have
	one running on elsie in the 2.0.5 days,
	but haven't done so since.

--dave
Performance & Engineering      | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering, |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com