Ownership and changing the permission

Andre Klocke andre.klocke at stb-datenservice.de
Tue Jan 15 09:08:14 GMT 2002

Hello.

There are some progrograms on our Samba Server (oh wonder!).
There are two shares:
Sharename          directory           permissions          ownership
prog1                   /data/prog1       770                      root.p1
prog1                   /data/prog2       770                      root.p2

Now there are some users. Not every user shall have permissiond for every directory. So, here are the users:
username             gid                  additational groups
user1                    users              p1
user2                    users              p2

The smb.conf is as follows:
[prog1]
    path = /data/prog1
    writeable = yes
    create mask = 0777
    directory mask = 0777
    valid users = +p1

[prog2]
    path = /data/prog2
    writeable = yes
    create mask = 0777
    directory mask = 0777
    valid users = +p2

Now user1 can use prog1 and user2 can use prog2.
There is just one logon-script that makes all connections:

net use p: \\server\prog1
net use q: \\server\prog2

While executing the logon-script user1 is asked for a password for prog2, and user2 ist asked for a password for prog1. So, the execution of the logon-script puses until the user strikes enter or something.
How can I configure the whole thing, that everything works in every case?

There is not the possibility of more than one logon-script because we have much more groups and permissions, so the administration would be too much work.

Another way would be an alternative to net.exe that does not ask for a password for shares i am not permitted to use. Does anyone know something about a programm like that?

Thank you very much for your time and help,

Andre Klocke