2.2.2 and slow machines

James Bear james.s.bear at sendit.nodak.edu
Mon Jan 14 10:35:40 GMT 2002

I've been paying enough attention to this list to know that samba 2.2.2 has
a memory leak problem.  I figured  it didn't matter too much because I
mostly just had trouble sgetting 2.2.2 installed and even if doesn't work, I
use WXP on the network, so I can't do without 2.2.2.

Now, though, I am wondering if this is teh problem.  I've got Samba 2.2.2
installed.  As soon as I install it, though, whenever I reboot my machine,
it runs soooooo slow.  Is it the memory leak?  I read that a work around was
to have winbind restart every five minutes.  Okay.  But I shut down smbd and
nmbd and teh web server part of the machine is still slow.  Maybe it's not
samba then, right?  Well maybe not, but when I uninstall it everything
speeds up.  So, any ideas?
jim
English Teacher
Montpelier School