SAMBA/LDAP/Group Policy

Doug Douglass samba at denverdata.com
Fri Jan 11 12:38:39 GMT 2002

Assuming:
 1. your samba server is the PDC
 2. the group name you used for this policy is "test"

I think the reason it does not work is because samba does not add the group
"test" to the list of domain groups, so the workstation has no knowledge of
"test" (note, this is not an LDAP problem, just the way samba does it).

Speaking to samba 2.2.1a + LDAP, but the only groups that samba makes
available within the domain are "Domain Admins" and "Domain Users".

There are new group mapping features being added to samba that should
address this but I believe the feature is still in development. I guess
maybe that's why Jerry is suggesting grabbing the code from cvs ;)

HTH,
Doug