Win 2000 Pro w/ SP2 + Samba 2.2.2

Noel Kelly nkelly at tarsus.co.uk
Thu Jan 10 08:02:07 GMT 2002

Hi Anand,

We were running similar config with RH6.2 and the 2.2.20 kernel with bestbit
ACLs and winbind since about a month before Christmas.  About forty W2000
Pro SP2 and a single Samba 2.2.2 server.

The major problem we had was with smbd processes breaking loose and hogging
the processor which forced us to shutdown and restart the server.
Thankfully this nasty, nasty problem have gone away since we started testing
the 2.2.3pre release this week althogh there is a slight niggle with winbind
but that might be something to with our config than samba.

Are you having a particular problem ?

Noel