Samba/Printing & Win2K INF file problem

John Hawley jhawley at bgea.org
Wed Jan 9 06:11:07 GMT 2002

Wade Winright wrote:

> Don't know if this will help, but the printer driver and printer driver
> location options are not used in 2.2.2 I believe. I could be wrong, but I
> think I'm right...
>
> P.S. I have the same problem with my setup, and I'm trying to figure it out
> as we speak...

Lets hope we can get it figured out.  The automatic driver install aside, I
can't even connect to any printer of the problem model from any W2k client as it
stands now.

I wonder if setting samba to "disable spoolss = yes", installing the W2k print
driver, then turn the spooling back on, and reloading the driver would work?
... Nope, I just tried it.  I was able to successfully install the driver with
spoolss disabled, but same problem when trying to reinstall with spoolss back on
:(.

~jh