Question

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Mon Jan 7 23:43:10 GMT 2002

Hello,

I'm looking for a piece of software that can run on my Solaris machine, and can be used to verify users on my local NT domain controller...

In other words...

1)  User visits my website which is housed on my Solaris box.
2)  My perl script takes a username and password and executes a command line based program to verify the username and password entered as a valid domain account.
3)  The program returns "Valid" or "Not valid"
4)  My perl script acts accordingly.

I basically want a way for the Sun Box to validate a username and password against the NT domain controller.  Is there a way to do this in Samba?  If not, is there a better way?  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-Matt